to download or read the Strategic Plan
to be presented at special meeting, March 27.
(Note: Login at right is for site administration only.)
Lancaster Downtowners is a network of people who share a common passion for downtown Lancaster as the community of choice for their retirement years. Downtowners includes individuals who have already retired and are living in the city, others who anticipate living downtown for their retirement years, and younger people supportive of the Downtowners initiative.
The Downtowners value:
- an intentional retirement lifestyle connected to the Lancaster city
- contributing to the vitality of the city through professional work, volunteerism,
civic leadership and economic investment
- personal development that nurtures mind, body and spirit and promotes
peacemaking and right relationships with community and environment
- aging in place in an intergenerational community
Downtown Lancaster provides assets valued by multiple generations:
- historic architecture
- a lively growing arts community
- traditional farmers’ market for fresh and locally produced food
- multicultural neighborhoods
- a walkable business center
- opportunities for volunteerism
- diverse faith communities
Downtowners are organizing to provide cost effective services for themselves and others who desire to remain in their homes and urban neighborhoods rather than move to more conventional retirement communities.